Intermountain Healthcare Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery - Full Time in Logan, Utah
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care of patients. This position will be working full time nights on Logan Regional Hospital's Labor & Delivery Unit.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time Nights
- Department: Labor & Delivery
- Current RN License in state of practice.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Unit specific certification as required (i.e., ACLS, PALS, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills.
- ** Note: RNs hired on or after January 1, 2018 who have 12 months or less of working experience as an RN prior to joining Intermountain must obtain their BSN degree on or before June 1, 2023. RNs hired on or after January 1, 2019 who have 12 months or less of working experience as an RN prior to joining Intermountain must obtain their BSN degree on or before June 1, 2024.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN). Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Labor & Delivery, Maternity, or Women's Services RN experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 36
Primary Work Location Logan Regional Hosp
Job Type Full Time