Intermountain Healthcare Homecare Aide (CNA) - Homecare - PRN in Logan, Utah
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
Under the direction of the RN or Rehab Therapist, the Homecare Assistant performs various basic patient care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs, physical needs, and comfort of patient in the home setting at the level specified in the plan of treatment.
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN (as-needed) based on business needs - weekends and evening availability
- Department: Homecare - Logan
- This is a PAY PER VISIT position that will be compensated at $18.00 per visit credit
- Mileage reimbursement and shift differentials available
What does being a part of our Homecare team mean?
Home is where families gather, where special occasions are celebrated, and where memories are made. Most of all, home is where you feel comfortable to relax, to reflect, and to heal. Intermountain Homecare is proud to bring the quality, compassion, skill, and excellence of Intermountain Healthcare into the homes of our patients.
Essential Job Duties
- Coordinates schedule with appropriate staff, patients/family members and makes assigned visits on time.
- Keeps an accurate record of time and mileage.
- Maintains accessibility during assigned schedule.
- Follows aide delegation plan, performs assigned duties within scope of practice, and performs specialized procedures with skill validation and according to regulatory standards.
- Fosters a safe environment by complying with safety policies (i.e. infection control, lifting & transferring, disasters, etc.).
- Takes appropriate action in an emergency
- Appropriately documents patient care provided during visits in a timely and accurate manner.
- Effectively communicates to the patient what care is being given.
- Reports significant care concerns or safe environment issues to the Case Manager/Agency before leaving the home.
- Reports other general care concerns to the Case Manager/Agency before completing the shift.
- Observes, reports, and records (point of care charting) the response to the plan of treatment and transfers charting within 24 hours.
- Connects to the Internet to transfer data twice a day or commutes to the office twice a day to transfer data.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate (CNA).
- Current drivers license, insurance, reliable transportation, and an acceptable driving record.
- Basic Life Support Certification for healthcare providers.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Ability to access the Internet or a phone line to transfer patient files twice a day.
- Ability to transfer and position patients independently and safely.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, and driving a vehicle.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of furniture, equipment, power cords on the floor, etc). Need to ascend and descend stairs or uneven surface in order to access patients.
- Expected to drive a vehicle which requires sitting, seeing and reading signs, traffic signals, and other vehicles.
- Experience using a computer including data entry or patient charting.
- Experience working in home health or hospice.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location HCS Logan Homecare
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type On-Call / PRN