Intermountain Healthcare Critical Care Tech - Emergency Department - Logan Regional Hospital in Logan, Utah
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Critical Care Technician functions as a clinical support partner in the Critical Care and Emergency Department settings. They assist the patient care team in the performance of various tasks and procedures for the critically ill patient or patients requiring special skills or observation. Act under the direction and supervision of appropriate clinical licensed personnel.
Essential Job Duties
- Assists with admission, discharge, and transfer of patients, including transport.
- Provides excellent customer service when responding to patient/family requests.
- Reports and records patient care findings and data in a timely manner. Reports change in the patient condition quickly, and secure qualified assistance as needed.
- When working on a clinical unit, may be required to take medications from the delivery system to the RN.
- Prioritizes and delivers patient care as delegated by the RN or other members of the interdisciplinary team. This may include, but is not limited to, collecting patient data, vital signs, oxygen therapy, and cardiac monitoring.
- Performs in critical care situations as directed by RN or MD.
- Assists with emergency resuscitation, set-up and assistance with line insertion, and retrieval of supplies and equipment.
- Recognizes and completes unit and patient care needs with minimal direct supervision.
- Collaborates and consults with RN and other members of the interdisciplinary team for best patient care.
- Demonstrates effective teamwork, prioritization, communication, and organization.
- Performs non-nursing duties as delegated, i.e., cleaning, stocking, answering phones, clerical support, providing directions, etc.
- Entry Rate: $13.68 + depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: Need flexible working hours for day shift, swing shift, or night shift. Will be expected to pick up for weekends and holidays as needed. Also need to be available for on-call hours.
- Department: Emergency Department - Logan Regional
- If doing Point of Care Testing: Must have a High School diploma or GED in compliance with CLIA regulations.
- EMT or Paramedic Certification in state of practice.or MA Certification (if working in the ER).or CNA Certification with one year of experience.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- CNA experience or applicable healthcare experience.
- Current enrollment in nursing school.
- Basic computer skills.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Logan Regional Hosp
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type On-Call / PRN