Intermountain Healthcare EVS Tech Lead (Evening / Nights) in Layton, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
This position is responsible for performing general housekeeping tasks to maintain the hospital and associated buildings in a sanitary, clean, safe, and attractive manner and to work in specialized areas that require additional training.
Essential Job Duties
- Cleans and disinfects assigned areas using department cleaning procedures.
- Uses cleaning chemicals properly according to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- Understands procedures and properly disposes of infectious waste and trash.
- Handles and cleans up emergency spills per department guidelines as well as to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- Operates and maintains assigned equipment according to established procedures.
- Maintains work and storage areas following established policy and procedures to ensure safety.
- Uses supplies appropriately and effectively.
- Reports problems with equipment and facility in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Performs walk-through inspections.
- Assists in scheduling, training, giving work direction to employees and giving input into hiring and firing decisions.
- Understands proper floor care procedures to clean and sanitize floors.
- Entry Rate: $13.70 + depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes (Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid time off, etc)
- Shift Details: Evening / Nights (6:00pm-2:30am), may include rotating weekends.
- Department: Environmental Services
- Additional Details: Full-time, Lead position, located at Layton Hospital
- Discounted Transit / Commuter pass (for those participating facilities)
- 24/7 on-site gym access for many facilities (about $5 per month)
- 401(k) with matching up to 4%
- Over 302,000 discount offers across 10,000 cities on everything from pizza, the zoo, movie tickets, car rentals, and hotels
- Education Assistance (must be benefits eligible)CNA Scholarships and Tuition Assistance Available for select certifications (Must be benefits eligible + employed by Intermountain Healthcare for 90 days)Call800-283-4550Option 2, or visit https://www.gwcu.org/CNAScholarship
Intermountain Healthcare now uses a video interviewing program to help review and screen candidates. If you are moved onto the next steps of the application process, you may get an email or text with an invitation and instructions on how to complete your video interview. Please make sure to check your spam folder as sometimes these emails can get lost.
- One year working as a housekeeper within Intermountain
- Able to use a 3 step ladder
- Must be able to communicate effectively including reading color coded labels and chemicals and having the ability to follow written and verbal directions
- Carrying, Lifting, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking
- Professional housekeeping experience
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 36
Primary Work Location Layton Hospital
Expertise Guest Services / Housekeeping
Job Type Full Time