Intermountain Healthcare Registered Nurse OB-GYN - Heber Valley Clinic - Full Time in Heber City, Utah
Park City/Heber area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care of patients. The Clinic RN utilizes the nursing process by use of technology, therapeutic intervention, evidence-based practice and coordination of care with other health team members in an outpatient clinic setting. Clinic RNs are pivotal members of the care delivery team headed by the physician and have specialized knowledge, skills and ability pertinent to ambulatory care patient needs. Scope of performance includes prioritization and triage of care delivery, implementing established standing orders and protocols, performing procedures and therapies consistent with training and licensure.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time - 40 hours per week
- Department: Heber Valley OB-GYN Clinic
- Current RN License in state of practice.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Practice specific certification as required by the clinical setting in which they work (i.e., ACLS, PALS, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills.
- ** Note: RNs hired on or after January 1, 2018 who have 12 months or less of working experience as an RN prior to joining Intermountain must obtain their BSN degree on or before June 1, 2023. RNs hired on or after January 1, 2019 who have 12 months or less of working experience as an RN prior to joining Intermountain must obtain their BSN degree on or before June 1, 2024.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited institution.
- Prior OB-GYN, Women's Services RN experience
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Heber Valley Hospital
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Heber City