Intermountain Healthcare Registered Nurse (Experienced RN) - Med/Surg - Heber Valley Hospital in Heber City, Utah
Park City/Heber area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care of patients. The staff RN utilizes the nursing process by use of technology, therapeutic intervention, evidence-based practice and coordination of care with other health team members.
Essential Job Duties
- Performs appropriate assessment of physical, social, and psychological status (including cognitive, communicative and developmental skills as appropriate).
- Seeks and evaluates information acquired from other members of interdisciplinary team: patient, family, physician, non-nursing disciplines, support staff, others.
- Uses assessment information and critical thinking skills to collaboratively develop individualized plan of care.
- Actively seeks patient, family, team, and physician involvement to develop plan of care including needed education.
- Collaboratively plans and prepares patients for further support needs once the current episode of care outcomes are met (i.e., teaching, referrals, and follow-up).
- Directs the interdisciplinary care team via delegation, coordination and collaboration as appropriate.
- Provides or delegates care consistent with plan of care, guidelines of care and professional licensure provisions.
- Demonstrates the ability to set priorities and to coordinate and organize patient care delivery through effectively managing time, supplies, and resources.
- Evaluates patient response to interventions through review of achievement of goals, clinical outcomes, patient and family satisfaction.
- Revises plan of care as indicated, and reassesses changes as appropriate.
- Promotes nursing profession and participate in development of others.
- Integrates legal and ethical standards into practice: complies with regulatory standards, practices within scope of licensure, provides accurate & timely documentation, and understands legal implications of care delivery.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Day/Nights, Holidays, Weekends, Mostly nights to start with
- Department: Medical and Surgical
- Additional Details: This position will qualify for a 5% geographical differential in addition to the base hourly rate.
- Current RN License in state of practice.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills.
- ** RNs hired on or after January 1, 2019 who have 12 months or less of working experience as an RN prior to joining Intermountain must obtain their BSN degree on or before June 1, 2024.
- *RNs hired on or after January 1, 2020 who have 12 months or less of working experience as an RN prior to joining Intermountain must obtain their BSN degree on or before June 1, 2025.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN). Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 24
Primary Work Location Heber Valley Hospital
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-Heber City