Intermountain Healthcare Pharmacy Tech III - Heber Valley Hospital-Part time in Heber City, Utah
Park City/Heber area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Pharmacy Technician (Level III) demonstrates consistent mastery of knowledge and skills in assisting the pharmacist in the execution of appropriate, safe, efficient, effective, and cost effective pharmaceutical care in the scope of their particular assignment. This position participates in the procedural aspects of pharmacy practice under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist and is an integral part of the pharmacy team. Incumbents of this position are expected to practice at a level of practice associated with an experienced, competent technician in a unique, specific area of practice.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides customer service to patients, pharmacists, other technicians, and other healthcare professionals in the areas of responsibility.
- Communicates effectively with all staff regarding responsibilities and identified concerns.
- Is competent and effective in technical responsibilities assigned, and seeks appropriate training and peer feedback on routine responsibilities.
- Understands and is compliant to all state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and guidelines related to their specific area of practice.
- Participates and supports the fiscal responsibilities of the department, facility, and Intermountain Healthcare as a whole.
- Provides delivery of medications, information, and/or service in a professional, timely manner and is actively engaged in department and team goals, activities, and projects.
- Consistently attains appropriate supervision and accuracy checks by the pharmacist(s) on staff when working, understanding that the pharmacist is the supervisor of their activities.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, and constantly seeks a team approach to developing and achieving best practices and processes.
- Serves as a mentor for other technicians helping them achieve competency and experience.
- Provides expertise and leadership in assigned area. Practices in a unique, specialized area of pharmacy practice as defined by pharmacy leadership.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 24 hours a week. 8 hour shifts three days a week, Monday - Friday. Hours are 7:00 AM - 4:30 PM. No weekends.
- Department:Pharmacy department at Heber Valley Regional Medical Center, 1485 South Highway 40, Heber City, UT 84032.
- Additional Details: Flexibility to also consider a Monday - Friday schedule to work 4 hours for 4 days a week with one 8 hour shift to make 24 hours a week.
- Current Utah technician license to practice as a pharmacy technician.
- Current knowledge of state and federal regulations and statutes regarding the practice of pharmacy and the distribution of approved drugs, controlled substances, and investigational agents.
- Carrying, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing.
- Pharmacy tech hospital experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 24
Primary Work Location Heber Valley Hospital
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-Provo, US-UT-Heber City, US-UT-Orem