Intermountain Healthcare Phlebotomist I - Bountiful Clinic - Part time in Bountiful, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Phlebotomist I is responsible to collect patient specimens for medical diagnostic testing.
Essential Job Duties
1. Performs sample collection that may include:
a. Venipuncture (Evacuated systems, Syringe, Winged Collection sets)
- b. Capillary Puncture (Finger, Heel)
- c. Blood Culture Collections
- d. Throat and/or Nasal Swabs
- 2. Properly identifies patients and correctly labels samples.
- 3. Appropriately instructs patients and family members on sample collections.
- 4. Identifies opportunities for continuous process improvement and executes project conception, data collection and implementation.
- 5. May perform moderately complex testing or administer Skin Test (TB).
- 6. Performs basic phlebotomy computer functions effectively and appropriately for assigned responsibilities.
- 7. Responsible for pickup and delivery of specimens throughout the facility.
- 8. May be responsible for patient registration.
- 9. May prepare and process samples for testing (including aliquoting, centrifugation, tracking).
- 10. May provide appropriate training to new staff.
- 11. May help maintain supply room inventory, notifying supervisor when supplies are low.
- Entry Rate: $13.68
- Part time, 28 hours per week -Monday - Friday 2:00 p m to 7:00 p mRotating Saturdays 9:00 a m to 12:30 p m - Rotating with other lab staff.
- Benefits Eligible
- Basic Life Support certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- High School diploma or GED in compliance with CLIA regulations.
- Ability to work in a team environment under stressful situations.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Basic computer skills.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts that may include weekends, holidays and nights.
- Interact with patients, patients' family, patient care providers, and others requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate computers and complex and delicate lab equipment with precision and accuracy requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read lab equipment, labels, monitors, and documents.
- Walk while transporting phlebotomy equipment cart.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Adjust body, including bending, to perform phlebotomy work.
- Six months of phlebotomy experience OR Phlebotomy training as approved by Manager/Supervisor.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 28
Primary Work Location Bountiful Clinic
Job Type Part Time