Intermountain Healthcare OR Data Coordinator - Surgical Services in American Fork, Utah
Greater Provo area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The OR Data Coordinator is responsible for scheduling of surgical procedures, entering patient charges and case histories into the computer, patient registration, office reception, and general clerical support.
Essential Job Duties
- Scheduling surgical procedures and input into the surgery scheduling system.
- Organizes and manages office area by ordering and maintaining supplies. Files and manages records.
- Monitors surgery schedule to avoid overbooking problems, and suggests alternatives to physicians and/or offices. Notifies manager of schedules conflicts when necessary.
- Answers phone calls serving as the information link between physician, patient, and ancillary departments.
- Collects and inputs data, runs reports, and distributes information as needed.
- Reviews registration information to see what additional information is required, gathers additional information as needed, organizes and inputs data appropriately.
- Data and charge entry.
- Verification of physician privileges.
- Entry Rate: $14.35
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: M-F 8:00 - 5:00
- One year of experience in healthcare, IT support, or clerical support.
- Computer experience with office software applications.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, including manipulating paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Clerical experience.
- Medical terminology.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location American Fork Hosp
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-American Fork